Friday, October 2, 2015

Pumpkin Recipe Time! But First--the Puree!

Here we go! If you follow me on Facebook, you know that I just finished posting 30 pumpkin recipes in the month of September. Facebook isn't the easiet place to go back and find those recipes, so this month on Fly Bella Fly, I will repost them for my fellow pumpkin lovers. You're welcome!

The first one I am going to post, because it is officially pumpkin season, is how to make pumpkin puree. It's so much easier than I thought it was going to be!

All you need are pie pumpkins (1 pumpkin makes about 1.5 cups of puree), a bit of coconut oil.
Simply wash your pumpkins and LIGHTLY coat with coconut oil (too much will make your kitchen really smokey and make a mess of your oven...just take my word on this).

Place pumpkins whole on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 45-60 min. Let them cool.

Once pumpkins have cooled, simply peel off the skin, and easily remove seeds. Place the flesh in a food processor, and blend until smooth.

I stored my pumpkin in freezer bags and stored in the freezer for the next time I decide to pumpkin everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment