Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Beauty From Ashes

What an incredible year it has been! This time last year, I felt like I was dying inside. Like a black hole had swallowed me up and I would never find my way out. I was angry. I couldn't understand why God would allow us to go through that (miscarriage). I mean, hadn't we been through enough?

But God's purpose is so much greater, and his ways are so much higher. I know that I've only seen a small part of what he is accomplishing from such a painful experience. My pain is never wasted, none of it has been.

Next month, I celebrate many important anniversaries: my birthday, my daughter's birthday, my first year as a Canadian citizen, and the day I decided that I would make a change with my health. The day I decided to sign up for a discount for a shake, that has turned into something that became my calling and transformed my health, my physique, my confidence. It's helped me develop leadership skills and face my fears. It's helped me to practice discipline and commitment, not only for my body and my business, but also for my faith.

Don't ever underestimate what God can do with your hurt! He's in the business of making beauty from ashes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment