Friday, October 30, 2015

Gifted

When I think of my journey as a Christian, I always look back on one event, which to me was the catalyst for God showing me what He called me to do, which is to teach. I was around 23, I had just started going to this small church in New Hampshire, a little battered and bruised from my time in Florida, and really needing to figure this life (Christian life) for myself. 


Our church had just decided to start community small groups, which was still a relatively new concept at the time, but they needed people to step up and lead these groups. I'm shy now, BUT I was really, really, really shy then. I remember sitting in our little group of friends, discussing this new thing we were going to do, and my friend Correne looked at me and said "You should lead a group". I don't know what I said to her after, probably as much as I could to try to get out of it. But somehow she convinced me to do it. She helped me discover my gift of teaching, because she was using her gift of encouragement.

So, my Christian friends, do you know what your gift is? Are you using it?


No comments:

Post a Comment